The Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America’s 54th Annual Nebula conference (May 16-19) will be held in Los Angeles, and the 2018 Nebula Awards will be announced on Saturday, May 18, 2019.
We’ve already covered the Novelettes and Short Stories. Today let’s talk about the finalists for Best Novel, Best Novella, and the Andre Norton Award for Young Adult SFF.
Here are the finalists in these categories. Click the links to read our reviews:
- The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal, Tor
- Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik, Del Rey/Macmillan
- Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse, Saga Press
- Blackfish City by Sam J. Miller, Del Rey
- Witchmark by C.L. Polk, Tor.com Publishing
- The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang, Harper Voyager US; Harper Voyager UK
- Alice Payne Arrives by Kate Heartfield, Tor.com Publishing
- Gods, Monsters, and the Lucky Peach by Kelly Robson, Tor.com Publishing
- The Black God’s Drums by P. Djèlí Clark, Tor.com publishing
- Artificial Condition by Martha Wells, Tor.com publishing
- The Tea Master and the Detective by Aliette de Bodard, Subterranean Press
- Fire Ant by Jonathan P. Brazee, Semper Fi
ANDRE NORTON AWARD:
- Dread Nation by Justina Ireland, Balzer + Bray
- Peasprout Chen: Future Legend of Skate and Sword by Henry Lien, Henry Holt/Macmillan Children’s Books
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi, Henry Holt/Macmillan Children’s Books
- Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshani Chokshi, Rick Riordan Presents
- Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman, Random House
- A Light in the Dark by A.K. DuBoff, BDL
Which stories have you read? Who do you predict will win? Who do you want to win?
Give us your thoughts and predictions in the comments. One random commenter with a USA mailing address will win a book from our stacks.
Good luck to all the finalists!