The Nebula Awards are in our rearview, and next up are the Locus Awards, leading us into Hugo Season!
The Locus Weekend will be held in Seattle, Washington, on June 28-30, 2019.
The Locus Awards have lots of categories, so I am focused on the short fiction this week and in a few weeks we’ll discuss the novels.
Click the title links below to read our reviews and on the author links to visit our page for the author. I’ve included the cover art for some of our favorites.
Who do you think will win the Locus Award in these categories?
Answer below for a chance to win a book from our stacks.
- The Black God’s Drums by P. Djèlí Clark, Tor.com
- The Tea Master and the Detective by Aliette de Bodard, Subterranean
- Umbernight by Carolyn Ives Gilman, Clarkesworld
- Time Was by Ian McDonald, Tor.com
- Gods, Monsters, and the Lucky Peach by Kelly Robson, Tor.com
- The Freeze-Frame Revolution by Peter Watts, Tachyon
- Artificial Condition by Martha Wells, Tor.com
- Rogue Protocol by Martha Wells, Tor.com
- The Descent of Monsters by JY Yang, Tor.com
- Black Helicopters by Caitlín R. Kiernan, Tor.com
- “No Flight Without the Shatter” by Brooke Bolander, Tor.com
- The Only Harmless Great Thing by Brooke Bolander, Tor.com
- “The Last Banquet of Temporal Confections” by Tina Connolly, Tor.com
- “Nine Last Days on Planet Earth” by Daryl Gregory, Tor.com
- “Quality Time” by Ken Liu, Robots vs Fairies
- “How to Swallow the Moon” by Isabel Yap, Uncanny
- “Queen Lily” by Theodora Goss, Lightspeed
- “Okay, Glory” by Elizabeth Bear, Twelve Tomorrows
- “An Agent of Utopia” by Andy Duncan, An Agent of Utopia
- “The Donner Party” by Dale Bailey, F&SF
BEST SHORT STORY
- “The Secret Lives of the Nine Negro Teeth of George Washington” by P. Djèlí Clark, Fireside
- “STET” by Sarah Gailey, Fireside
- “A Witch’s Guide to Escape: A Practical Compendium of Portal Fantasies” by Alix E. Harrow, Apex
- “Cuisine des Mémoires” by N.K. Jemisin, How Long ’til Black Future Month?
- “The Storyteller’s Replacement” by N.K. Jemisin, How Long ’til Black Future Month?
- “The Court Magician” by Sarah Pinsker, Lightspeed
- “The Bookcase Expedition” by Jeffrey Ford, Robots vs Fairies
- “Firelight” by Ursula K. Le Guin, Paris Review
- “Mother of Invention” by Nnedi Okorafor, Future Tense
- “The Starship and the Temple Cat” by Yoon Ha Lee, Beneath Ceaseless Skies