It’s good to be back for this week’s WWW. I appreciate Kat covering for me on account of my new baby. It’s been an interesting week for me, going through all the trials and tribulations that come with caring for a newborn. It was during this process that I became convinced babies have wormholes in their lower intestines. This wormhole must link to some distant universe that consists entirely of poop. I can see no other explanation. Maybe some some great physicist can get to work on this. Anyways, if in the coming weeks you find something interesting you think everyone should read, drop me a line via the contact form and let me know, or just post it below. Let’s get started:
1) Wallpapers for The Heroes: Joe Abercrombie‘s kick-ass book now has a few very cool wallpapers.
2) The Grand Ole Bestiary: What’s not to like about people with animal heads?
3) Philip K. Dick Estate Files Suit: Universal Pictures says Adjustment Team was public domain, the Dick estate begs to differ.
4) World Fantasy 2011 Winners: My To-Be-Read list just got a little longer. Also be sure to check our Terry’s series of articles about this very convention.
5) Neil Gaiman, Stephin Merritt, and Moby helped Craig Ferguson celebrate Halloween: A rather amusing performance that includes Neil and his wife Amanda Palmer.
6) Art of the Hobbit: Never-Before-Seen Drawings by J.R.R. Tolkien: This is a real treat. I love when things like this turn up, and I’m glad they are being included in the 75th Anniversary Edition of The Hobbit.
My wife is about to give birth as well any day now.
So I’m taking that poop comment to heart and bracing myself for what’s to come… :-)
Oh and since I watch Craig Ferguson (online through the CBS website, since we don’t have tv), I saw it and presumed you’ll be featuring it here. Funny performance.
Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!