In the coming weeks, if you find something interesting you think everyone should read, drop me a line via the contact form and let me know, or just post it below. Let’s get started:
1) Tor Does Away with DRM: Finally. The people spoke and a major publisher has listened. Stay tuned as I’m sure more will follow.
2) Shirley Jackson Award Finalists: A nice collection of dark fantasy to add to your TBR list.
3) RIP K.D. Wentworth: Cancer has nabbed another SFF talent. Ms. Wenworth had multiple Nebula nominations, and served as secretary for the SFWA for quite some time.
4) 100 Albums SFF Fans Need to Hear: Io9 once again makes an interesting list for SFF fans.
5) Lovecraft Answers Your Relationship Questions: These are quite good actually. Well done.
There is some freakin’ rockin’ albums that I’m so glad to see in the list. \m/
Thanks for the Lovecraft link — I’m dying of eldritch laughter over here!
I’d be interested to know how dropping DRM affects Tor’s (and their authors’) revenues. I agree that DRM is annoying and often intrusive by infringing on fair use and first sale rights, but I can understand the need to protect digital copyrighted content. It’s a lot easier to copy and distribute digital media than traditional print formats. It’d be nice to think that readers will be ethical about it, but I don’t have much hope for that. You wouldn’t believe how many people stumble on this site because they’re googling for P2P ebook and audiobook downloads (I can see it in the stats).
The lovecraft link is simply awesome!!