Today’s covers all come from books or films we reviewed in December 2020. Once you identify a cover, in the comment section list:
1. The number of the cover (1-16)
2. The author/director
3. The book/film title
Please identify just one cover that has not yet been identified correctly so that others will have a chance to play. If they’re not all identified by next Thursday at noon EST, you can come back and identify more.
Each of your correct entries enters you into a drawing to win a book of your choice from our stacks. Winners are notified in the comments, so make sure to check the notification box and/or remember to check back in about 10 days. If we don’t choose a winner within 2 weeks, please bug Marion.
11. The Ministry for The Future by Kim Stanley Robinson
#9 is “His Dark Materials: Serpentine” by Philip Pullman.
6) “The Mask of Mirrors by M.A. Carrick
#16: “A Very Scalzi Christmas” by John Scalzi.
#5 is “Wonder Women and Bad Girls: Superheroine and Supervillainess Archetypes in Popular Media”, by Valerie Estelle Frankel
#4 is The Dark Chamber by Leonard Cline
#1 The devil and the dark water by Scott Turton
How the Multiverse Got Its Revenge by K. Eason
#3 is The Tower of Fools by Andrzej Sapkowski
#7 is Anya and the Nightingale by Sofiya Pasternack
#13 is The Unkindest Tide by Seanan McGuire
#12 is The Bright and Breaking Sea by Chloe Neill
8. Elatsoe by Darcie Little Badger
14. Involution Ocean by Bruce Sterling
15. Batman: 100 Greatest Moments by Robert Greenberger
10. Monday Starts on Saturday by Arkady & Boris Strugatsky (only the variant cover not visible from the “December 2020” page, so this was the hardest to find)
Lois,if you live in the USA, you win a book of your choice from our stacks.
Please contact me (Marion) with your choice and a US address. Happy reading!
Did you get my email?
Yes, we did, and I think your book is on its way!
Thank you. It’s difficult to tell whether or not an email goes through.